Thursday, July 16, 2015



Who is Biggs?

Hello!
   My name is Jamal, I am a 29 years old currently living in Spokane, WA that loves to cook, eat, travel, meet new people and try new things! Growing up my father was in the Military, so we traveled a lot which made it possible for me to see lots of different places, see different cultures/ways of life and try lots of different cuisines. Growing up one thing my parents instilled in me and my sister as children was, "Don't knock it unless you try it." That phrase has stuck with me for 29 years;that along with years of watching my dad cook sparked my love for the food world. Whether it's cooking, learning a new cooking technique or trying out a new restaurant I'm all ears! Currently I have no formal culinary training but I have been cooking for most of my life and I love it, hoping to get my foot in the door to start my own thing one day. I get satisfaction out of making good food for people, so I'm always trying out new dishes on friends and family! I hope to someday travel abroad some more to taste and cook different things, then eventually open a small personal restaurant that gives people good food and a home type atmosphere. My roots stem from the South(Mom) and the West Indies(Dad) so I'm a huge fan of exotic cuisine with spice and huge flavors ( Caribbean, Indian, Asian, Puerto Rican, etc.)  I'm also a big fan of European cuisine too!Especially Italian and German.
  My main focus for this blog is to help people realize that they have lots of great food spots near them, they just have to venture out, find them and try them! I love beautiful looking dishes with big flavors, so I want people to be able to use my blog to help them pick out these places and try them whether it be a upscale or regular priced restaurant. I feel everyone should be able to experience and taste great food that's made with love and passion. I will mainly focus on dining out experiences with reviews from my experience, but every now and then I may post some recipes that I use at home for people to try out if they would like. I hope this will be helpful to some! Feel free to give me feedback, share foodie/travel stories or also post recipes and share ideas. I love meeting new people and interacting with like minds ~ONE LOVE~








                                                                  BON APPETIT!

2 comments: